When a few of us moved into 1214 Packard Street in 1982, we had no idea that the vacant boarding house would become the home of the vibrant sangha that it is today.
Back then, we had a makeshift altar built of sturdy egg carton boxes with a cloth cover.
Since that humble beginning, our community has grown and thrived. To support this vibrant growth, we are planning to build a new center for Buddhist training and education, which will allow us to:
- Foster our burgeoning Zen Family program.
- Train students from near and far who aspire to become Buddhist teachers and priests.
- Provide adequate space for a growing number of active dharma study groups.
- Accommodate more residents and visitors.
- Provide more dedicated retreat space.
- Offer a wider variety of events and activities.
- House our clergy, now and in the future.